- Treatments & Procedures (A-Z)
- Our Services
- Our Approach
- International Patients
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Bangalore, Domlur
- Bangalore, Ramamurthy Nagar
- Bangalore, Jayanagar
- Bangalore, JP Nagar
- Cochin, Kadavanthara
- Cochin, Aster Medcity
- Uttarakhand, Kalmatia
- Medical Professionals
- Contact Us
AyurVAID treatment for Atopic Dermatitis, Primary dysmenorrhoes
A 24 year old female patient walked into AyurVAID with the complaints of blackish discolouration & scaly skin lesions which was associated with mild itching predominantly over upper limbs, trunk and lower limbs since the past 3 years.It was also accompanied by Scaly lesion with exfoliation over the scalp since the last 1 year.
In view of her symptoms and condition, AyurVAID decided to use the treatment of ‘Rakta dhatugata vatakaphaja twak vikara and Udavartini’ for a period of 15 days along with a duration of follow up that would last for three months.
The medical strategy adopted included:
- Rookshana with internal medication on OPD basis was administered.
- Shodana was planned as the patient was presented with the Bahudosa lakshanas
- Snehapana with Vata-kaphahara (dosha pratyaneeka) & Vyadhi Pratyaneeka Ghrita.
- Abhyanga and Mrdu Swedana in order to bring the shakagata dosha to koshta.
- Virechana to expel the Dosas from Koshta.
- Samsarjana krama to be followed as per the Shuddi.
- Bahya Samana Chikitsa in the form of Takra Dhara.
The treatment was a success and at the time of discharge the discolouration and exfoliation had considerably reduced to about 85%.Improvement in the existing condition was expected by the follow-up treatment regimen.
Findings & Conclusions:
Skin complaints are generally considered to be chronic in nature requiring long term treatment and also the chances for remission is very high. So regular review along with strict pathya ( congenial dietic regimen ) as prescribed by the medical team is expected to yield better results and also prevents the remission of complaints in the future.
Disclaimer: * Outcomes may vary from person to person