- Treatments & Procedures (A-Z)
- Our Services
- Our Approach
- International Patients
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Bangalore, Domlur
- Bangalore, Ramamurthy Nagar
- Bangalore, Jayanagar
- Bangalore, JP Nagar
- Cochin, Kadavanthara
- Cochin, Aster Medcity
- Uttarakhand, Kalmatia
- Medical Professionals
- Contact Us
AyurVAID treatment for Hashimoto's thyroiditis
A 24 year old female patient walked into AyurVAID with the complaints of low back pain coupled by swelling of the lower limbs for the past four months. She also suffered from mild reddish skin eruptions, breathlessness and weight gain exertion.
In view of her symptoms and condition, AyurVAID decided to use the treatment of ‘Kateegraham, medo roga’ for a period of 12 days along with a duration of follow up that would last for six months.
The medical strategy adopted included:
- The management of Katee graham by Sthana Purvaka Dosha Pratyaneeka Chikitsa
- Initial rookshana with treatments like rooksha kizhi
- Followed by snigdha vatahara treatments like Pathrapodala swedam
- Followed by specific Vasti chikitsa done to prevent further recurrence of low back ache
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis to be managed by continuing Allopathic medications
- The residual symptoms and complications due to Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis were to be managed on review by internal medications
The treatment was a success and at the time of discharge the patient was asymptomatic, while her general health had also improved. Her low back pain had reduced by 90% while skin eruptions and swelling in limbs were completely resolved. Her weight complications were reviewed by internal medications.
Findings & Conclusions:
Conditions like Inter vertebral disc prolapsed is the major cause for low back ache of all ages and can be successfully managed by Ayurvedic treatment modalities. Such intervention not only corrects the pathology but also helps in preventing the relapse by strengthening the low back muscles as well as re-hydrating the IV disc, hence improving its stability. However conditions like Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is well managed by continuing the allopathic medication along with specific Ayurvedic internal medications.
Disclaimer: * Outcomes may vary from person to person