- Disease & Conditions (A-Z)
- COVID Immunity Center
- Eyes & ENT
- Skin Conditions
- Women's Health Problems
- Can AyurVAID help me?
- Treatments & Procedures (A-Z)
- Our Services
- Our Approach
- International Patients
- Bangalore, Domlur
- Bangalore, Ramamurthy Nagar
- Bangalore, Hebbal
- Cochin, Kadavanthara
- Cochin, Aster Medcity
- Delhi-NCR, Medanta Medicity
- Uttarakhand, Kalmatia
- Medical Professionals
- Contact Us
A YOUNG DIABETIC OBVIATES INSULIN INJECTIONS
Name: Mr SB
Age/Gender- : 26y / M
- Elevated blood sugar since 2 months.
- Numbness & burning sensation in soles since 2 months.
- Weight loss since 1 year.
- Lack of concentration, general tiredness since 2 months.
Brief Medical History
Mr SB male/26 year old, from Guwahati, Assam approached AyurVAID Hospitals with the above complaints. He had been experiencing weight loss past 1 year and other symptoms building up in past 2 months. On a Blood Check in Assam, his FBS was 247 and PPBS was 370 mg/dl. He was advised Insulin: Inj. Human Mixtard (30:70) 12 and 8 IU BD. Mr SB did not wish to begin with artificial Insulin injection.
On 1st Consultation at AyurVAID
1 Month Later
2 Months Later
|Oral Hypoglycaemic Agents- Tab. Glimp m2||1-0-1||1-0-1||0-0-0||0-0-0|
|On Ayurveda Medicines||Nil||Yes||Yes||Nil|
|HbA1c(%)||-||-||5.0 (NON DIABETIC)||5.6 (Continues to be Non DIabetic)|
|CLINICAL OUTCOME MEASURES|
|Physiological status: Coating on tongue||Present (P)||Absent (A)||Absent(A)|
|Weight (Kg) (Note: Weight loss has been recovered)||60||62||63|
|Numbness and Burning sensation in soles||Present||Absent||Absent|
|Lack of Concentration||Present||Absent||Absent|
Physician’s Outcome Scale
SUMMARY OF MEDICAL OUTCOMES ACHIEVED
1. Clinical Signs of Diabetes Mellitus- Absent
2. Management of full-blown Diabetes to sustained normo-glycaemic (normal blood sugar) range over a period of 4 months
3. Oral medicines- Tapered gradually and now totally withdrawn, owing to significant and sustained sugar control with Ayurveda anti-diabetic oral medicine
4. Ayurveda Antidiabetic Medicines Tapered and withdrawn, patient maintaining Non Diabetic HbA1C range post 2 months
5. Healthy Diet and Lifestyle as per Ayurveda Recommendations Adopted
6. Monthly Review Plan till date followed.
TAKEAWAYS1. Ayurveda understands and addresses the specific aetio-pathological pathway of Diabetes process and its current stage of evolution in the patient.
2. Preempts the escalating spiral of higher dosage medicines/insulin
3. Prevents diabetic complications (neuropathy, retinopathy, nephropathy, non-healing wounds), in addition to the potential risk of various as Hypertension and Atherosclerosis
4. Improved ‘Quality of Life’ totally relieving the patient of all his complaints present as an adverse impact of Diabetes
Disclaimer: * Outcomes may vary from person to person