Infertility (correlated to Vandyam)
Ayurveda has a separate branch which deals with the treatment for various conditions which can lead to infertility – under the heading 'Vajikarana Tantra'. Even though sperm production or ovulation may be normal, there are some conditions where the implantation of the zygote does not take place.
Ayurveda lays equal importance on treatment of male iinfertility, low libido, and erectile dysfunction - and has proven treatments (Vajikarana Chikitsa) for effective healthy progeny.
Ayurveda has a special branch of care related to gynaecological disorders (Yoni Vyapad) as well as Prasuti Tantra (ante-natal, pre-natal, and post-natal healthcare) which explain the various causes, symptoms and management of women’s health. According to Ayurveda, there are 4 main factors responsible for an effective conception:
- Ritu (proper ovulation and healthy permeation)
- Kshethram (pure and favorable uterine atmosphere)
- Ambu (proper nourishment and blood circulation)
- Beejam (healthy zygote)
Impairment in any one of the above factors can cause infertility.
The AyurVAID treatment programme comprises of:
- Administration of Rasayanas and Vajikara Dravyas internally (virilificatory recipes or aphrodisiacs)
- Yoga, pranayama and meditation - which not only helps in conception but also in producing healthy offspring