Frequently Asked Questions
Therefore, quadriplegia can be correlated to sarvanga vata.
● Stroke - stroke is one of the main causative factors of paralysis. A patient who suffers from a stroke usually ends up being hemiplegic or quadriplegic.
● Hereditary - it can be passed down through generations.
● Due to cerebral palsy - children diagnosed with cerebral palsy are usually quadriplegic.
● Infections of the spinal cord
● Tumors in the spinal cord
● Sahacharadi kashayam
● Sahacharadi thailam
● Karpasasthyadi thailam
● Maharasnadi kashayam
● Ksheerabala thailam
● Weakness of the affected muscles
● Cessation of movements of the limbs
● Uncontrolled movement of the bladder and bowel
● In some cases difficulty in breathing
● Slurring of speech might be seen
● Loss of sensation in the limbs