- Disease & Conditions (A-Z)
- Eyes & ENT
- Skin Conditions
- Women's Health Problems
- Can AyurVAID help me?
- Treatments & Procedures (A-Z)
- Our Services
- Our Approach
- International Patients
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Bangalore, Domlur
- Bangalore, Ramamurthy Nagar
- Bangalore, Jayanagar
- Bangalore, JP Nagar
- Cochin, Kadavanthara
- Cochin, Aster Medcity
- Uttarakhand, Kalmatia
- Medical Professionals
- Contact Us
Ayurvedic Treatment for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome [PCOS]
Worry No More About PCOS!!
Request An Appointment
PCOS: PCOS is a leading cause for obesity, menstrual irregularity, sub-fertility and infertility in women across the world. Persistent acne, hair loss, unwanted facial hair and dark pigmentation of skin especially around the neck i.e. acanthosis nigricans, add to the woes of women with PCOS.
Underlying insulin resistance, high level of male hormone testosterone i.e. Hyperandrogenism; imbalance of LH- Luteinizing hormone and FSH- follicle stimulating hormone, make PCOS a very complex metabolic disorder.
Pathology or origin of diseased condition:
When the deranged vata etc. vitiates the mamsa, shonita and meda mixed up with Kapha; thus they produce circular, raised and knotted inflammatory swelling called ‘Granthi’. This type of glandular swelling has been compared with the modern terminology ‘cyst’ which means an abnormal closed epithelium- lined cavity in the body, containing liquid or semisolid material.
In PCOS, development of follicles has been arrested at one or any level and remained as it is. The cysts are follicles at varying stages of maturation and atresia. So, these cysts are not destined to ovum. Thus, this pathology is compared with granthibhuta artava dushti i.e. cyst, as in PCOS, the follicles becomes cysts instead of developing up to mature ovum.
- Menstrual irregularities have been described under artava vyapads or Yonirogas(uterine disorders).
- Anovulation is included under Vandhya(infertility).
- Obesity is the condition described as Sthoulya, a santanpanajanya vikara.
- Acne and Baldness have been described as Mukhadooshika and Khalitya, two independent pathogenesis.
- Hyperinsulinemia leads to type 2 Diabetes mellitus, and is described under prameha. It is also manifested as a complication of sthoulya.
- Since menstrual irregularities including anovulation and obesity are the commonly seen symptoms these two has to be taken care with due attention.
The main aim of Ayurvedic therapy in women with PCOS are:
- Detoxification of body
- Strengthening and revitalizing the female reproductive system and regularizing menstrual cycles.
- Rectifying hormonal imbalance
In Ayurveda, the balance state of doshas is mainly responsible for health and any derangement to this will lead to disease. This dosha-vaishamya is directly connected to symptoms. By the outlook of the symptoms of PCOS as per modern description, it becomes clear that even though they are not compiled as a syndrome in Ayurveda most of them have been described as features of separate diseases or conditions.
Ayurvedic treatment has a holistic approach towards management of PCOS. Each patient is given a unique therapy based on her specific health needs due to PCOS, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Such personalized approach helps in re-balancing the hormones naturally. Ayurvedic therapy focuses on balancing tissue nutrition, rectifying the imbalance of dosha-bio-energies that govern the body and boosting metabolism. Ayurvedic therapies also help in gradual and wholesome weight loss, reduce hair, facial hair growth and reduces acne.
Thus, Ayurvedic therapy not only helps in controlling PCOS; it also helps in restoring health and well-being.
|Fertility Solution ||Fertility Treatment||Infertility||PCOD||ENDOMETRIAL HYPERPLASIA||IVF / IUI Treatment||View Testimonials|
Disclaimer: * Outcomes may vary from person to person